Keeping platforms safe, inclusive, peaceful, and healthy
June 4 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm PDTFree
Keeping Internet platforms safe, inclusive, peaceful and healthy involves both design decisions, policy development, and community building. Failing in any one area can result in endemic bullying and harassment, an unwelcome environment for marginalized users, and the exacerbation of some users’ existing mental health problems.
This webinar will consider all three elements of building and maintaining an Internet platform that attracts and retains a diverse and happy user base. Participants will also hear how Prostasia Foundation is partnering with fan communities to develop community guidelines that uphold freedom of expression for creators and fans, while also protecting them from abuse.
Completing this webinar will enable you to learn about:
- Supporting volunteer community moderators and the development of community standards
- Better practices in tagging and agegating adult and other triggering content
- Dealing with harassment, abuse, and dogpiling over fictional content
- How to identify and provide support to users who may have mental health issues
- Impacts of platform content policies on LGBTQ+ communities